A handy application that shows you how to solve math problems step-by-step
Cymath is a great educational app for those who are learning math. The app helps users to figure out match problems that they are struggling with. In fact, those who use the app don't really have to know anything about math at all to get started. They simply need to input the math problem they're working on in one of two possible ways.
The first option for inputting the math problem is to type of the problem in using the buttons in the app. The second method for inputting the problem is to take a picture of the problem using the camera on one's smart phone.
Once Cymath understand what the problem is, the app can calculate the answer instantly. The app is helpful in many different educational contexts. It's also worth noting that the app can handle a variety of different types of mathematical problem. This app doesn't only handle basic arithmetic. Cymath can also handle more complex problems. It can be used to help solve problems of higher level algebra, graphing, trigonometry, and even calculus.
- Helpful with learning math- This app helps students who are in the process of learning math. The app doesn't simply give the app user the answer. The app will also walk the student though the process of finding the solution. This helps the student to learn how to do the problem in the future.
- Works quickly- It doesn't really take the app any additional time at all to process the problem. The app will find the solution basically instantaneously once it understands the problem.
- Good built-in calculator- Many users just use the Cymath app for the high quality built-in calculator it offers that has many different functions that it can handle.
- Typing problems in can be cumbersome- When it comes to longer math problems, it can take a long time and be quite frustrating to type the entire problem into the screen.
- Camera doesn't always work properly for picking up problems- Conditions have to be perfect for the camera feature to succeed in reading the problem properly. The lighting conditions must be good. Also, it's important to hold the camera very still when taking a picture of the problem.
Added optimization for Android Nougat.
Potentially dangerous permissions
- CAMERA: Required to be able to access the camera device.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.